Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/30/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-5223
Industry: Business Systems Analyst
Evo is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst for our Beaverton Client. They are looking for someone with demonstrated ability to drive the advancement of software products through stakeholder facilitation, requirements gathering and product launch. This role will require frequent interaction with a combination of business stakeholders and software engineers, require strong communication and facilitation skills, and will be the voice of customer' regarding detailed software requirements. This role is scheduled to be 11-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Facilitate and capture communications with business stakeholders to understand the business needs of our customers, turning these into detailed product and program requirements
- Stakeholders include business partners, implementation and support teams, and technical specialists
- Analyze and assess business problems and processes by applying conceptual knowledge and discretion to independently define functional and non-functional requirements for technology solutions, consult and make recommendations to business practice and product management
- Analyze, prioritize and document detailed Themes, Epics, User Stories and Story Points within and across product and program Initiatives
- Own and groom the product backlog
- Formulate cases for acceptance testing, verifying that the software meets the business requirement
- Owns the acceptance testing results and provides recommendation for signing off on software readiness
- Contribute to product release and launch activities
- Assist software engineering and product management to improve standards and practices in the establishment of a best in class business 'productizaton' or program, technology and service solutions
- Work closely with software engineering teams and product management to represent the customer, setting priorities when conflicts arise, answering specific requirements questions and monitoring progress towards project deliverables
- Escalate risks to management proactively
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience facilitating conversations and creating deliverables with the mix of stakeholders from customers to technologists, while uncovering true needs, problems and effectively working with the team to execute technology based solutions
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- 5+ years of experience as technical or functional product business analyst and or product owner
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
- Requires a four-year college degree (e.g., B.S., B.A., Computer Science, Business Information Systems preferred) or equivalent
- Knowledge of software development framework, architecture concepts and terminology
- Ability to effectively and actively communicate with both business and technical stakeholders and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong deductive reasoning and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic environment under tight timelines, while adaptive to change
- Strong analytical and technical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Ideal candidate will possess experience either in eDiscovery or the legal business practice
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server technologies 2013 preferred (or equivalent)
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.