Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/02/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5326
Industry: SW Development - Test
Evo is seeking a Senior Build Tools Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This role will work with a fast-paced, dynamic team ensuring the engineering build tools operate efficiently and effectively for the development teams. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Help establish and drive standards and procedures for tools
- Help evangelize the existing tools and ensure teams are trained on the tools
- Identify opportunities for new tool implementations and gather requirements for new tool intake
- Implement new tools and ensure the stakeholders are using them properly
- Develop and maintain documentation detailing each tool and any associated training for the tools
- Create and maintain software upgrade procedures for all supported software including Cloudbees Jenkins, Circle CI, Artifactory, Github Enterprise, Confluence, Bitbucket, SonarQube, and Jira
- Perform scheduled upgrades for all above applications
- Identify and execute on improvements for above applications including HA implementations, server configuration changes, etc.
- Design and implement puppet classes for various automated installs and monitoring needs for support applications
- Basic user administration for various applications listed above
- Maintain existing automated scripts and write new ones where necessary for various installation, monitoring, and deployment needs
- Respond to and resolve application and system related outages and problems
- Help enforce application best practices
- Work with development teams to on-board them into applications and gather additional requirements from those teams
- Write extensions (plugins, modules, etc.) to existing tools for enhancements or integrations
- Update and maintain Twiki pages describing system statuses, best practice procedures, internal tools and software HowTos and the like
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Advanced Linux administration experience
- Strong AWS knowledge with experience in configuring, deploying, and working with VMs in AWS and deploying and maintaining applications in AWS
- Strong understanding of container tools including Docker and Kubernetes
- Build and maintain Agile tools administration and operation including Cloudbees Jenkins, Circle CI, Artifactory, Github Enterprise, Confluence, Bitbucket, SonarQube, and Jira
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a passion for documenting your activities
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile practice
- Familiarity with databases including MySQL and Postgress
- Knowledge of CM tools including Puppet (preferred), Ansible, or Chef
- Coding experience in a major language such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Newrelic, Splunk, Extrahop, etc.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.