Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 09/28/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-5316
Industry: SW Developer - Hadoop
Evo is seeking a Senior Big Data Quality Assurance Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Sr. Big Data Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented teammates and be a driving force for building solutions for digital. You will be working on development projects related to consumer behavior, commerce, and web analytics. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/31/18.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Testing and test automation for distributed data processing pipelines built using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to understand and test end to end solution
- Build utilities, functions, and frameworks to better enable testing of data flow patterns
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around Hadoop and other elements in the Big Data space
- Lead or participate in integration testing efforts
- Work with teams to resolving operational & performance issues
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline
- 6+ years' experience in large-scale software development
- 1+ year experience with Hadoop ecosystem, including tools like Hive and Spark
- Understanding of Hadoop internals
- Strong experience in SQL
- Experience with Python, shell scripting
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with databases like Oracle
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience (at least familiarity) with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Experience with test automation and build tools like Jenkins
- Ability to understand and ERDs and relational database schemas
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven ability to work cross functional teams to deliver appropriate resolution
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience with AWS components and services, particularly, EMR, S3, and Lambda
- Experience with open source NOSQL technologies such as HBase, DynamoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with messaging & complex event processing systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, or Storm
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Machine learning frameworks
- Statistical analysis with Python, R or similar
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.