Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/05/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5450
Evo is seeking a Senior Big Data DevOps Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Linux: 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
- AWS: Working experience and good understanding of the AWS environment, including VPC, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Lambda and HBase
- DevOps: Experience with DevOps automation - Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Troposphere, Terraform, etc.)
- Programming: Experience programming with Python, Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding
- ELK stack: Experience with setting up ELK stack for Analytics
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms (Git, TFS). Nice to have Git experience
- Hadoop: 1 year operational experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, Sentry, HDFS)
- AWS EMR: Experience in Amazon EMR cluster configuration
- ETL: Job scheduler experience like Oozie or Airflow. Nice to have Airflow experience
- Security: Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Nagios or Splunk
- Backup/Recovery: Experience with the design and implementation of big data backup / recovery solutions
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy) and high availability architecture
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required
- Lead other admins and platform engineers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs
- Research and deploy new tools and frameworks to build a sustainable big data platform
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, QA and Engineering teams to deliver results
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.