Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 12/29/2017
Job ID: JN -122017-5604
Industry: Application Engineer
Evo is seeking a Senior Java Engineer for our Beaverton Client. They are looking for a Senior Java engineer to develop a digital cloud platform that elevates Brick and Mortar retail experiences to the next level. The programs you write will enable retail associates to better serve our customers by knowing our customers better and unlocking exclusive member services. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 6/30/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
- Provide strong technical expertise in distributed or Micro-services based architecture, ideally with deployment to a cloud based infrastructure
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for delivery and continuous improvement
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 6 years of experience in engineering, IT, or a related field
- 2 years of additional experience required in lieu of a degree
- Experience with delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment Agile, SCRUM
- Experience writing RESTful services using SpringBoot
- Experience working with AWS cloud services especially EC2 and Lambda
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB or similar)
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.