Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/21/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5502
Industry: Application Development
Evo is seeking a Senior Application Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As the Sr. Application Engineer on the services team, you will be responsible for the design and development of high-performing APIs within the ecommerce team. The retail partners will use these API's to connect with our e-commerce platform. The team is a highly productive, Agile, e-commerce team and we are looking for experienced candidates who thrive in this type of environment. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/31/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years' additional relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with RESTful API integration & implementation
- Experience with Amazon Cloud technologies
- Exceptional knowledge of web service technologies and standards
- Java programming and/or Node.js experience
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for shared services
- Experience with development frameworks such as Spring and Express
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Detail-oriented working style and creative thinking
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in an Agile or Scrum development environment, including a demonstrated ability to deliver software applications in this environment
- Proven ability to deliver complex services on schedule
- Proven experience as a member of a cross-functional team
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and changing priorities
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.