Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 01/10/2018
Job ID: JN -012018-5617
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. They are looking for someone with a proven track record delivering world-class products within complex digital environments. The ideal candidate will bring a broad range of lean and agile experiences working within largescale organizations. Specifically, knowledge working with digital technologies and processes at scale. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensuring the team s process evolves within organizational guidelines and standards of practice
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring
- Maintain relevant metrics that provide organizational visibility and team insight for continuous improvement
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management
- Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation
- Identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution
- Must be able to facilitate the development process
- Uphold as well as coach and mentor, agile values and principles as expressed in the Agile Manifesto
- Create a fully transparent development process
- Capable of being a scrum master for one to three scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate agile activities and meetings, including sprint planning, retrospectives, sprint demo and sprint reviews
- Assist the team with implementing effective agile disciplinary practices
- Support cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Support product team in ensuring product backlog is groomed
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience including strong understanding of customer/stakeholder relationships, business analysis, prioritization, estimation and capacity management
- Must understand iterative/incremental software development
- Advanced knowledge of agile processes such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFE and XP
- Must have recognized education in agile processes, certifications preferred
- Must have been a member of an agile team for at least 2 years
- Able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments
- Understand agile metrics and reporting techniques
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience using Jira to track and make visible sprint backlog work flow
- Experience in educating and promotion of agile engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous delivery, TDD, BDD and refactoring
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.