Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/10/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5355
Industry: Scrum Master
Evo is seeking a Scrum Master for our Beaverton Client. You will join the Enterprise Solutions & Delivery team where you will lead self-organizing, self-managing teams in applying and optimizing Agile practices to maximize team performance and effectiveness. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Support the self-organizing, self-managing team to achieve its daily and iteration objectives
- Support the teams focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence
- Facilitate the teams assessing and planning for risk
- Ensure agreed upon Agile methodology principles and practices are understood and enacted
- Coach Agile team in self-organization and cross-functionality and promote Agile mindset
- Provide visibility to impediments to the Agile Team's progress that the team cannot remove themselves
- Facilitate the team's relationship with outside stakeholders
- Facilitate conversations between Product Owner and team in regard to rebalancing and reprioritizing work within a sprint
- Ensure Product Owner has backlog prioritized for each iteration
- Protect the team from interruptions and distractions to clear a path for throughput
- Facilitate ceremonies/team meetings and ensure time-boxed events stay within their allotted time
- Continuously learn new approaches to facilitation, Agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics
- Foster a positive environment for the Agile team to continually improve and learn
- Drive cross capability coordination and scheduling with other Scrum Masters
- Coordinate with other Scrum Masters, the System Team, and Shared Resources during ART/Cross-train PI Planning and Release planning meetings to remove issues and raise risks, as appropriate
- Track and utilize agreed upon metrics to drive meaningful conversations and improvement opportunities
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Anthropology, or Organizational Development with 2 years' additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years hands-on Scrum Master/Coach experience in advanced, large-scale Agile setting
- Certified Scrum Master required, other Scrum certification desired
- SAFe certification preferred
- Experience working with Jira and familiarity with VersionOne or similar tool, building summary views, using agile planning boards, setting up dashboards preferred
- Deep understanding of Agile development frameworks, specifically SAFe, Scrum and Kanban
- Demonstrated understanding of technology systems and the Technology ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs
- Proven ability to pull together individuals of varying technical and business abilities with different goals and facilitate productive discussion and action
- Strong written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, and servant leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding and reinforcement of the value of Agile mindset and the required iteration events
- Excellent facilitation skills and techniques
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.