Production Designer (5029)
Portland Metro Area, Oregon | Consulting
- Under direction from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect *Client's design ethos
- These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution
- Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets
- Estimates all aspects of project development
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget
- Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation
- Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors
- Evaluate vendors
- Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production
- Act as a liaison among *Client's managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies
- Communicates Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies
- Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed
- 3-5 years of progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience
- Proficient ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design
- Strong familiarity with current trends, color, and design
- Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications
- Effective oral and written communications skills in local market language, including presentations
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.