Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/02/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5430
Evo is seeking a Platform Operations Technical Lead for our Beaverton Client. They are looking for someone with a strong background in Hadoop, AWS, and infrastructure operations. The team supports Big Data cloud infrastructure to over 500 internal engineering and technical business users (Data Scientists and Analysts). This group also supports a broad array of systems and services, including managed Hadoop, AWS EMR, DevOps automation tools, large applications, ETL style data processing, job scheduling tools, and data visualization applications.
This role will provide technical and operational direction for our Platform Operations team, coordinate automation and system improvements, ensure effective support operations, provide technical guidance and mentoring on systems best practices, and work closely with our Platform development team to ensure alignment on shared solution areas. This role will also assist in operational readiness work, including building out our monitoring, alerting, and operational support documentation.
This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide technical direction to team members
- Provide technical leadership for system operations
- Provide leadership and mentoring in best practices for automation
- Serve as an escalation point for daily operations and support work
- Guide development of Operational Readiness tools: develop advanced dashboards to monitor system performance, and centralize our alerting tools
- Provide oversight for Hadoop operations
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Linux: 5 or more years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu
- Hadoop: 3 years experience with Hadoop development or adminstration (Hive, Spark, Sqoop, NoSQL)
- AWS: 2+ years working experience including VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Security groups, EBS, Redshift
- Infrastructure Operations: 3+ years supporting systems infrastructure operations, upgrades, deployments, and responding to production incidents
- Programming: Python, Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding
- DevOps: Experience with DevOps automation - Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Jenkins, Troposphere)
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms (Git, TFS). Nice to have Git experience
- Security: Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies, and auditing in a Linux/Hadoop/AWS environment
- Monitoring: Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Signal Fx, Nagios, New Relic, Splunk
- Networking: Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers (ELB, HAProxy) and high availability architecture
- Ability to keep systems running at peak performance, upgrade operating system, patches, and version upgrades as required
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field.
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.