Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/10/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5471
Evo is seeking a Platform Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Platform Engineer, you will be revolutionizing the intersection of technology and R&D of physical products by delivering a platform ecosystem for internal apps to produce and consume data. The team is dedicated to delivering quickly, where everyone is empowered to design solutions for new features and review code of other team members. They are pushing the envelope in the agile process by embedding directly with business teams. The goal is continuous delivery with an emphasis on learning new technologies and techniques, while pairing to solve problems faster, share knowledge, and learn from others. They want everyone to share their opinions with a humbleness to accept other opinions over your own. Communication skills are key to this strategy, i.e. you need to articulate your ideas to fellow developers as well as stakeholders. This contract opportunity is scheduled to 5/28/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with 2 years professional experience in software engineering
- Technology Experience
- Built RESTful APIs in Java Spring Boot (required)
- Implemented AWS RDS and S3 (required)
- Implemented AWS Elasticsearch (required)
- Implemented Jest integration for Elasticsearch (preferred)
- Implemented Apache Airflow (preferred)
- Built and Deployed CFN Templates with Serverless (preferred)
- Familiar with Github, JIRA, and Scrum Methodology (preferred)
- Soft Skills
- High motivation and passion for continuous learning
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and decompose it into domains
- Ability to deal with ambiguous requirements and quickly changing directions
- Opinionated yet humble
- Platform Engineer
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.