Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 09/12/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-5281
Evo is seeking an Operations Support Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This person will work with a platform team that provides cloud BI infrastructure to over 400 internal engineering and technical business users (Data Scientists and Analysts). This role will be a key team member providing the front line for user support needs. This person will also contribute to Hadoop infrastructure operations, active directory administration, maintaining AWS configurations (IAM roles/policies, S3 access), and troubleshooting for user and team issues. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide engineering support services to end users
- Gather technical details
- Troubleshoot issues and engage other team members to resolve problems
- Provide status updates to users and stakeholders
- Track all details in the issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Complete standard service requests, including user provisioning, AD group setup and administration, data access requests, security role and policy administration
- Provide issue review and triage problems for new service / support requests
- Provide support for user query problems in various platforms (Hive, Impala, Athena)
- Assist users with system access problems communicate Linux CLI commands, python execution, Hadoop commands, and other technical solutions as needed
- Assist with training and onboarding for new end users
- Use DevOps automation tools, including Jenkins build jobs and Puppet manifests
- Work with team members to determine problem resolution steps
- Contribute to Agile / Kanaban workflows and team process work
- Other operations and support duties as needed
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years providing technical and engineering support directly to end users
- 1+ year supporting infrastructure systems (Database, cloud, data center, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with Linux, including CLI usage
- Experience with Bash; Python is good to have
- Good foundation in SQL + knowledge of database infrastructure
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Hadoop, AWS (EMR, S3, IAM), Active Directory administration, security policy, Jenkins, Git (version control)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills proven ability to work with business end users and engineering teams
- Experience implementing role based security, including AD integration, security policies
- Proven aptitude for learning new technologies curiosity and eagerness to learn, contribute and grow with the team
- Collaborate with Project Managers and team members
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.