Operations Intelligence Tools Engineer (5053)
Portland Metro Area, Oregon | Consulting
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, refining existing functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participate in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy and architecture
- Responsible for the definition and delivery of activities on the monitoring roadmap
- Collaborate with the engineering team, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs
- Assist with improving the standards of the consumers experience by providing metric visibility into applications performance
- Provide monitoring expertise to support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance
- Participate in design documentation of monitoring related solutions
- Plan, engineer and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments
- Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments
- Experience with Administration of application and infrastructure monitoring tools
- Design solutions and concepts for data aggregation and visualization
- Debug complex technical and configuration issues
- Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies including server and network performance, hardware, web synthetics, and application performance monitoring a plus
- Including but not limited to New Relic, ScienceLogic, Splunk, ExtraHop, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Microsoft SCOM, Microsoft OMS, Azure Monitor, Solarwinds Orion, etc.
- Basic understanding and basic technology skills to include but not limited to: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, log aggregation, GIT/SVN, Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows, iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Amazon Web Services, JSON, Java/JBOSS, Jetty, etc.
- Strong focus on python
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.