Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 09/12/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-5275
Industry: Android Developer
Evo is seeking a Lead Android Engineer for our Beaverton Client. In this role, you will lead by example to deliver well designed, highly testable, and resilient applications. As a technical leader, you'll also be instrumental in driving our mobile technology road map forward and evangelizing mobile development and testing practices. The successful candidate is both deeply experienced with Android development and a team player that thrives in a collaborative agile environment. You will work on a mobile e-commerce team. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- 8 years software engineering experience
- 3 years as a senior or lead engineer, including technical mentoring of other team members
- Fluent in Java and related frameworks
- Experience developing, delivering, and supporting multiple native Android applications through the Google Play store
- Expert-level knowledge of Android SDK API levels, capabilities, OS versions, material design, and popular devices
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience designing mobile applications to consume server-based REST APIs
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and Android design patterns
- Deep understanding of multi-threading, memory management, networking, caching, performance optimization, localization, and security for mobile applications
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Working knowledge of Scrum and other agile practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- iOS or front-end web development experience is a plus
- e-Commerce experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.