Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/23/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5324
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Java Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Utilize a wide array of Java tools in business, Web, and client-server environments including Java Platform, Cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Build Simple/Intuitive APIs for a very large developer community
- Understand Java and the ability to write clean, eloquent, minimal code in a load-balanced
- Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, classic design patterns and J2EE patterns
- Design and Develop Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape on open source frameworks
- Work in Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers and business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes
- Coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews
- Collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 5 years of professional experience in IT or business in software (preferably Backend Services and API) development
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong design and development experience with Java EE, JSON, Cloud Computing
- Strong knowledge of AWS services like API Gateway, Kinesis Streams, Lambda, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, S3, EC2 and IAM (User, Roles and Policies)
- Strong preference for SCRUM/XP development expertise
- Experience with IntelliJ JUnit, REST Web Services, No SQL
- 2 significant years of experience in RESTful web services development
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.