Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/05/2017
Job ID: JN -092017-5306
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is seeking a Senior Java Engineer for our Beaverton Client. In this role, you will lead designing and building of robust applications and services to bring omni-channel fulfillment solutions to the next level. You will also collaborate with software and product team members and third-party vendors to develop and analyze user stories, transform them into implementable components, and deliver inspirational new features to our consumers. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- 3-6 years of software development experience
- Hands on Java coding experience
- Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, or Scala
- Experience leading projects in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
- Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
- Prior experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
- Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Continuous delivery experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
- Desire to learn new skills and become cross-functional in development platforms used by the team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area. 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.