Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 10/04/2017
Job ID: JN -102017-5336
Industry: Release Management
Evo is seeking a Technology Release Manager for our Beaverton Client. As a Technology Release Manager, you will be an integral part of the team that enables the technology organization to bring its world-class products and applications to market. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Operating the Release Management processes for the Technology organization
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage releases across the geographies for multiple applications and on disparate platforms
- The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, etc.
- Anything that changes within a system is part of a release
- Work with multiple cross functional teams to support and enhance our platforms
- You'll work and communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization - from brainstorming with individual contributors to discussing strategy and release content with senior leaders.
- The expectation is that you will be able to provide and exemplify exceptional leadership.
- You'll be a trusted member of our team with the following responsibilities:
- Drive to a global release cadence that defines the cycles, structures, and required oversight
- Manage intake, prioritization, release timing, demand and capacity
- Manage releases to QA environments
- Partner with the business and IT stakeholders to drive release scheduling decisions
- Ensure that all upstream changes are visible to and approved as required
- Provide visibility of scheduled releases to stakeholders
- Manage go/no-go and rollback decision meetings with release stakeholders
- Be a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability, and usability of the release process
- Define and publish key metrics on the effectiveness of Change & Release Management
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Business, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years professional experience with at least 3 years in release management, business process improvement, or project management
- 2+ additional years of professional experience in lieu of a degree
- Comprehensive understanding of release management processes; understanding of environment management
- Experience delivering application and infrastructure projects, programs, or releases into complex production environments
- Proven track record of implementing process change focused on alignment of business and technology; in particular, working with Engineering, QA and IT Technical Operations
- Experience with SDLCs, including iterative, waterfall and Agile
- Must be able to operate in a transforming, fast-paced, complex, high visibility environments with multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication of complex topics to a diverse audience such as management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
- Strong skills in building positive customer relationships
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to collaborate across teams with differing priorities and objectives to bring consensus
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive to results
- Ability to think strategically while still being detail-oriented
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments
- ITIL and IT Service Management
- SAFE 4.0
- Project/Program Management
- Experience with Lean principles and methods
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.