Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/23/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-5212
Industry: SW Developer - Hadoop
Evo is seeking a Hadoop Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general
- Maintains security and integrity controls
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
- Interact with vendors of existing technologies to stay current with the capabilities of their offerings
- Interact with emerging technology vendors, seeking solutions, products, and opportunities to utilize them
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in complex database environment supporting multiple production databases
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in project management, including timeline scheduling of tasks, people, and scope
- Experience with Apache Hadoop Pig, Hive, Apache Hadoop Impala, Amazon EC2, Amazon EMR, Amazon S3
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.