Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 12/29/2017
Job ID: JN -122017-5599
Industry: Graphic Design
Evo is seeking a Graphic Designer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- With supervision from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs or refreshes existing products that appropriately reflect the client's design philosophy & standards
- May also do an "apprenticeship" with senior designers, completing details of product process in lieu of a full project
- These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials
- Effectively uses computerized systems in design process
- Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution
- Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets
- Estimates all aspects of project development
- Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget
- Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation
- Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors
- Evaluate vendors
- Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production
- Act as a liaison among managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies
- Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials
- Provides design support for higher level designers as needed
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Ability to apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design
- Familiarity with current trends, color, and design
- Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications
- Effective oral and written communications skills in local market language, including presentations
- Proficient information-seeking skills and drive for results
- Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 1 year directly relevant work experience
- Graphic design
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.