Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 12/22/2017
Job ID: JN -122017-5577
Industry: Material Designer
Evo is seeking a Footwear Material Developer for our Beaverton Client. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages the materials creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned materials to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability, performance and profitability goals
- Creates and revises appropriate documentation for assigned materials; ensures all appropriate development documentation is maintained including product specs and prototypes
- Tracks and facilitates sampling and prototyping for materials; identifies and addresses key issues and challenges in manufacturing and plans accordingly to deliver proven and tested materials
- Monitors and communicates challenges throughout testing process to meet materials integrity requirements
- Keeps abreast of market trends, new technology and consumer preferences
- Collaborates with Manufacturing to drive the pricing process
- Serves as a technical advisor on materials to Product Developers
- Understanding of project management and problem-solving concepts and application
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Bachelor s Degree and minimum of 1 year directly relevant work experience
- Market trends
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Problem solving
- Project management
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.