Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/09/2017
Job ID: JN -052017-4951
Industry: SW Developer - Java
Evo is looking for a Java Software Developer for our Pearl District Client. You will develop and maintain the software that supports the client's Consumer facing and clinical application suites. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Design & develop a diverse set of software products spanning Consumer-facing web technologies as well as clinical and administrative software applications
- Work with J2EE APIs, development builds, application deployments, integration/enterprise testing, and support applications within our production environment
- Ensure that all coding paths are unit tested and nearly bug free
- Effectively utilize version control and issue tracking software
- Rapidly adapt to new technologies, requirements and application domains
- Collaborate across a diverse team of technologists, designers, business customers and product owners to produce creative software solutions
- Comply with HIPAA, PCI, industry best practices and tech accountabilities for data security and privacy
- Mentor entry level developers through career level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Computer science degree or related experience preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience developing, deploying and maintaining object oriented applications in Java on Linux platforms
- 3+ years of experience building RESTful API's (JSON/XML)
- Strong data structures/algorithms fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience working as a member of a poly-skilled team or individually
- Experience with encryption, security protocols and procedures
- Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL, and Hibernate
- Experience with the Java EE frameworks such as JPA, JMS, JTA, MDB preferred
- Experience with web front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Experience with Node.js and Angular
- Experience with TDD, cloud technologies (*AWS a plus), continuous delivery and automation patterns, agile and iterative development cycles
- Experience with micro-service architecture
- Experience with JBoss application server preferred
- Experience with GIT required
- Ability to work at a computer and stand for long periods of time
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than your scheduled hours per week or work outside of regular business hours to complete essential duties of this job
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.