Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 12/28/2017
Job ID: JN -122017-5593
Industry: Application Engineer
Evo is seeking a Data Engineer for our Beaverton Client. As a Data Engineer you will be revolutionizing the intersection of technology and R&D of physical products by delivering a data processing pipeline. On the team, data engineering is responsible for munging, cleaning, transforming, and transmuting data; more related to the technology than the modeling. Data engineers serve as integrators between data architects, data scientists, and other data consumers to deliver production ready solutions with an emphasis on using AWS native solutions over custom built solutions.
The team is dedicated to delivering quickly, where everyone is empowered to design solutions for new features and review code of other team members. We are pushing the envelope in the agile process by embedding directly with business teams. The goal is continuous delivery with an emphasis on learning new technologies and techniques, while pairing to solve problems faster, share knowledge, and learn from others. We want everyone to share their opinions with a humbleness to accept other opinions over your own. Communication skills are key to this strategy, i.e. you need to articulate your ideas to fellow developers as well as stakeholders.
This contract opportunity is scheduled through 5/26/18, with an extension based on fit, need and budget.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience, with 4 years professional experience in data engineering
- Technology Experience
- Functional Programming Polyglot
- JVM Based (e.g. Java, Scala, Clojure) or Data Science Based (e.g. Python, MatLab, R)
- Knowledge and experience implementing modern data processing technology stacks
- Athena, Kinesis, EMR, Step Functions, Lambdas or Kafka, Spark, Flink (required)
- File formats like CSV, JSON, FIT, et cetera (required)
- Data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development (required)
- Machine learning frameworks & statistical analysis with MATLAB, Python, R (preferred)
- Familiar with software development tools and methodologies
- CLI, IDE, Github, JIRA, Scrum, Kanban (preferred)
- High motivation and passion for continuous learning
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and decompose it into domains
- Ability to deal with ambiguous requirements and quickly changing directions
- Opinionated yet humble
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.