Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 08/15/2017
Job ID: JN -082017-5170
Industry: Database Engineer
Evo is looking for an Data Engineer for our Beaverton Client. This role will primarily be to convert a functional database to sustainable, expandable and multi-consumption reporting solution. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 6-months.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Develops code, configures applications, and defines job schedules for moderately complex requirements
- Installs software and software updates for non-critical systems
- Participates in the following peer reviews: technical reviews, application reviews, integration reviews, standards, and best practice reviews
- Creates test plans, executes tests, and validates test results for unit testing
- Performs application support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources
- Contributes to technical solutions by performing technical analysis and identifying options
- Applies global process standards to system changes
- Applies coding/configuration standards and best practices
- Conducts Compliance Issue Remediation
- Assists performance test scripts and executes performance tests with assistance
- Creates basic technical design documents and contributes to advanced technical design documents
- Assists in researching engineering tools and developing proof of concepts
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 2 years directly relevant work experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years of experience is acceptable
- Advanced or expert experience in AWS S3, Snowflake, GIT, Jenkins, Air Flow
- Experience in SQL server, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS is an asset
- Experience in Teradata, Cognos, SAP ECC, BW, BI is an asset
- Experience in Tableau via developing and deploying reports, dashboards and visual solutions is an asset
- Experience in MS Access program and report building
- Experience in .NET, SharePoint and web services
- Knowledge of Supply Chain is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with the business and explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Keen attention to detail
- Business curiosity and learning agility
- Strong organizational skills
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.