Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/22/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5506
Industry: Application Development
Evo is seeking a Big Data SysOps Applications Lead / Integration Lead for our Beaverton Client. This role is for a senior technical team member with experience implementing data infrastructure solutions in AWS. Our team supports Big Data cloud infrastructure systems for over 500 internal engineering and technical business users (Data Scientists and Analysts). We support a broad array of systems and services, including managed Hadoop, AWS EMR, DevOps automation tools, enterprise applications, ETL data processing, job scheduling tools, and data visualization applications.
There are two open positions:
Both roles will contribute to project work to implement solutions that integrate with our existing big data Hadoop systems. We are looking for cloud technoligists with experience in AWS, Hadoop, SysOps and the ability and interest to work with 3rd party applications and solutions. There will be work to set up new infrastructure compoments, integrate with existing data systems, establish SysOps capability for new solutions, and work directly with product managers, business users and engineering teams. This contract opportunity is scheduled to be 1-year.
- Integrating and supporting Data Science solutions
- Deploying and supporting Data Governance and Data Aggregation tools
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Big Data experience: 2+ years, including Hadoop in AWS
- AWS: 2+ years working experience including EMR, EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, VPC Security groups, with a SysOps focus
- Programming: Python, Bash, REST APIs, and JSON encoding
- Applications: Experience with 3rd party software implementation and integration
- SysOps: Experience with SysOps automation - Orchestration/Configuration Management and CI/CD tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Jenkins, Troposphere)
- Version Control: Working experience with one or more version control platforms (Git, TFS)
- Linux: 2+ years in Unix systems engineering with experience in Red Hat Linux, Centos or Ubuntu.
- Project work: experience contributing to a project implementation team, including analyzing use cases, reviewing alternatives, evaluating technical options, etc.
- User / stakeholder engagement: Experience working directly with and supporting data science and analyst users
- User and System documentation: Experience designing and creating documentation solutions for users and technical teams
- Infrastructure Operations: Experience with infrastructure operations, upgrades, deployments, and responding to production incidents
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.