Portland Metro Area,
Post Date: 11/03/2017
Job ID: JN -112017-5443
Evo is seeking a Big Data Engineer for our Beaverton Client. The team that you will work on is responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its digital consumers. This contract opportunity is scheduled through 9/30/2018.
Examples of the kinds of projects:
Some of the technologies:
- Build and maintain the services to enable the on-demand deployment of streaming data pipelines to support a variety of batch and real-time business analytics use cases
- Be the visionary who can enable ingestion and curation (transformation) of data in pipelines into Data Lake to allow Big Data ecosystems to easily consume
- Define and implement algorithms to dynamically process multiple streams of data and feed those insights into consumer experience in near real time
- Design and build a robust services platform to enable real-time access to critical product and business data for internal customers
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS:
- AWS cloud infrastructure, including a number of managed services such as Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Spark, Hive, Kafka, Nifi, API Gateway, Netflix OSS technologies, Docker, Jenkins, the ELK stack (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana)
Not a fit for you, but know someone that might be? Refer them! We have a great referral program where you can earn up to $375 per referral. Find out more at www.evosolutions.com/refer.
- Strong coding/scripting experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience working with NoSQL and relational databases
- Experience working with Big Data ecosystems such as Spark, Hive etc.
- Experience working with Big Data file formats such as Parquet, AVRO etc.
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, especially in automation
- Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Experience with performance/scalability tuning
- An interest in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.