Benefits Account Manager (5048)
Portland Metro Area, Oregon | Consulting
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, and carriers
- Provide consistent, accurate, and timely communication to clients through, verbal and written correspondence
- Conduct face to face meetings with the clients, and carriers as necessary
- This would include conducting open enrollment meetings which may include travel
- Re-market renewals, contact clients, create renewal proposals, prepare spreadsheets and plan options, and handle other renewal activities in coordination with the producer
- Assist clients with service needs making changes to existing or new accounts, answering coverage questions and providing documentation of the changes to them
- Resolve claims, billing administration, and others issues on a timely basis
- Document accordingly through the agency system
- Attend seminars and other training opportunities to maintain required licenses and for knowledge development
- Work with other account managers as needed for customer support, sales presentations, and enrollment meetings
- Provide technical support to Producers (coverage-wise, with proposal, suspense, items etc.) to help clients
- Review sold group enrollment materials; send off to carriers and suspense for follow up, policy numbers etc.
- Renew policies by agency standards
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently documenting conversations, sending confirmations to clients, adhering to all other automation procedures
- Handle cancellations with care, saving all accounts possible, and notify producer(s) in a timely manner
- Minimum of 3 years Benefits experience
- Must hold and maintain Life and Health license and comply with continuing education requirements
- Knowledge of rating procedures, coverage, and industry operations to manage and maintain accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and self-manage work load
- Computer literate with experience using Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment, with a positive attitude, and willingness to help others
- Adaptable to new and changing circumstances, self-motivated, and have a professional presence and demeanor
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced, multi tasked, high disruption environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Good attendance
Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. and physically be in the U.S.
CORP-to-CORP requests will NOT be entertained.
Relocation assistance will not be available for this position.
Evo is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.